Cosmopolitan readers will get the scoop in the Oct Issue. When interviewed by Cosmopolitan magazine, Rachel Quilty, Professional Image Consultant and Etiquette Coach with Jump the Q revealed that some, well a lot of women have a fear of attending events alone.
We can reveal our top 5 tips to help you calm your anxiety and front up to any event confident and in control.
1. Be early. It is certainly less daunting to greet a hand full of people then a room full. This gives you a perfect opportunity to familiarise yourself with the venue. Ask questions on the proposed programme of the event and suddenly you are the person with the most knowledge and can later take a positive role when discussing the next step.
2. Ensure you meet and greet the organisers and/or hosts. Offer to assist in anyway. Very quickly you’ve identified yourself as friendly and helpful. If the host knows your single they might introduce you to a few other singles.
3. Adopt a ‘Hostess’ mindset. Introduce yourself to others. Always greet or include other singles arriving. Approach the loners and have a chat. If introducing yourself to a group makes you break out in a sweat, start today by saying hi to people in check out queues, to sales assistants or the person sitting next to you in the train or bus. You just have to say hello and exchange a couple of pleasantries. Not too heavy or deep.
4. Introducing yourself and complimenting your new friend will ease both of your tension. Everyone who attends an event wonders if what their wearing is fine. Giving a genuine compliment is a fabulous ice breaker and who knows you maybe even find a new best friend.
5. Be determined to have a great night and meet new people. If you have this attitude, you’ll stand out as the ‘go to’ girl. Others will be envious of that you’re having fun, wishing they were part of your group. You will start attracting people to you because you’re smiling and having fun.
Your October copy of Cosmopolitan will reveal further tips and techniques for staying calm, capable and confident at your next function or event. Enjoy!
Brand Yourself! And Jump the Q! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your free personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfblueprint.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.