Written on the 1 August 2008 by Rachel Quilty of Jump the Q.
Work Your Image to Your Advantage
Ten top tips to break free of your old restraints and reinvent yourself.
1. Develop a signature image, one that reflects your potential and goals.
2. Develop an image modus operandi …develop simple habits which support a favourable image i.e. once a fortnight reward yourself with a manicure.
3. Look confident, capable and in control, with clean, neat and tidy grooming and hair styles as well as well fitted clothing.
4. Have fun with fashion and simplify your life by coordinating your wardrobe with your best colours.
5. Style is not a size …it’s an attitude. Know which styles best suit your body shape.
6. Destiny in not a matter of chance, but a matter of choice. First impressions are in your control. Create a “wow’ response and never be forgotten.
7. Your attitude is showing! 67% of first impressions are accurate. Your image tells the world who you are and where you’re going.
8. Making an appearance – make it the right one. Always determine if your outfit is appropriate for the occasion. Look ahead to what the day will entail.
9. Develop the habit of dressing like a person who is going somewhere in life. You probably are!
10. In summary, look the part, act the part and deliver the part!
The right image unleashes your personal power. The right image amplifies your authority and credibility. The right image strengthens your message.
Jump the Q and update your image to break out of your shell and reflect your potential.
V for FREE ebook ‘Make your Mark’.
Brand Yourself! And Jump the Q! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your free personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfblueprint.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.