Sam Kekovich may be Australia’s favourite “ChopStar” and an incredible "Lambassador" for not only Australian lamb chops on the Barbie but also for Australia.
He is also the latest media personality/celebrity that proves you are never too old, too monotone or too “good looking” to start building your personal brand.
And I love it...
Sam Kekovich’s personal brand is becoming synonymous with Australia, Australia Day and Lamb. Sam’s latest You Tube video hit is a remake of the 90s pop group Aqua's 'Barbie Girl' with Melissa Tkautz and Justice Crew. Sam exchanges the dark business suit for a satin version in his bid to reinvent himself as a "Chopstar".
This is one of the best themed personal branding exercises I have seen. In his annual lamb-inspired address to the nation, the Meat and Livestock Australia spokesman muses over 2011's big celebrity moments and takes a swipe a Australian Pop Culture.
Watch Sam’s latest “Chop Star” video and State of the Nation Address. http://youtu.be/k81_KP56oL0
Watch the Video's Now:
Personal Branding lessons to learn from Sam Kekovich include:
1. You don’t have to be young and beautiful or even particularly talented to build an appealing personal brand.
2. Choose your micro – niche and decide to take ownership. Aim to become “known” and synonymous with your field.
3. Consider how you can become the “only choice” in your marketplace. Sam tells us that it is un-Australian to not eat Lamb on Australia Day.
4. Consider how you can create a theme around your Brand. For example, Sam Kekovich is releasing a “Chop Song” in an effort to become a “Chop Star” by creating a "Chopular" culture by leveraging his role a “Lambassador” for Lamb.
5. Having a sense of humour and entertaining your clients and target market will always win you friends and fans.
6. And finally, be unique. How do your express yourself in a unique way? What is distinctive about you?
The key to achieving such success is building a great personal brand and marketing that brand better than your competition.
In a world overwhelmed with choice when confronted with the challenge of selecting from several good choices, your audience looks for uniqueness. Be unique. Command attention! Differentiate yourself from your competition.
• What is unique about you?
• What unique attributes do you possess which distinguish your personal brand?
As Seth Godin promotes in his book, Purple Cow, “You must be remarkable – you must be a Purple Cow.” You must be unique and distinctive to survive in tomorrow’s marketplace.
Jump the Q! And Brand Yourself! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your free personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfblueprint.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.