As Seen On TV - Jump the Q interviewed by Channel 9 Today show
Written on the 31 January 2010 by Rachel Quilty
In a recent interview with the Channel 9 Today show, Professional Image Consultant and Personal Branding Strategist, Rachel Quilty from Jump the Q highlighted the benefits of developing a signature style, particularly if you were a busy mum or professional.
It has been said that, ‘A celebrity is influential when she has a definable style’. Individuals such as Victoria Beckham and Paris Hilton who have created a distinct look have developed very valuable personal brands as a result. There are many benefits to branding yourself with a Signature Style. The advantages are huge:
- This almost ‘uniform’ approach allows you be out the door quickly.
- You can buy multiples of the same item.
- You can easily co-ordinate items and accessories
- With only a few pieces you can create several looks.
- With a co-ordinated look you never get caught looking like you just grabbed anything.
- It’s good psychology - when you look good ie Signature Style, you feel good.
- A uniform approach creates order and you can more efficiently get out the door
Where to start:
1. Decide what’s your favourite item that makes you look and feel great. It may be a long skirt, jeans or suit.
2. Create several looks using that one item. You may want to start a Scrap book or Look book of magazine pictures you like.
3. Make sure the look suits your fashion personality, whether it be classic, sporty, feminine, elegant so you feel comfortable
4. Select a look that suits your body shape and personal colouring.
5. Create a look that is easy to clean, maintain and is practical ie bending over isn’t going to expose excessive cleavage or allow people to admire your new underwear.
6. Be realistic, 5inch heels look great but are best kept for your weekend look
Creating a Signature Style age is an investment in building to build your personal brand and leveraging your professional profile. It makes looking stylish a breeze!
Brand Yourself! And Jump the Q! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your free personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfblueprint.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.