In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes - Andy Warhol
Written on the 13 December 2007 by Rachel Quilty of Jump the Q.
Are you ready for your 15 minutes of fame?
That was the question I asked myself when I attended the opening day of the Andy Warhol exhibition in Brisbane recently.
How prepared are you? Could you be ready at a moment’s notice?
Over the years I have appreciated the line ‘it is an attitude of having life under control that contributes to style’. Because at the very heart of effortless style is good judgement, maintenance and preparation.
A colour analysis, body shape or style analysis and wardrobe audit is imperative to gain control of your personal image. You have heard it before but I dare you to do it. As I say, ‘It takes time to save time’. Life becomes so much more organised, efficient and stress free.
Often I wonder if we really prefer the drama, adrenalin or stress.
Imagine what would occur is you took stock today. These are the top ten things you will notice:-
1. Selecting your best personal colours each morning starts your day well. Looking great!
2. The styles you select are automatically the most slimming or enhancing as each garment suits your body shape. You can guilt free purchase a few pairs when you find great fitting trousers, skirt and shirts.
3. Your core wardrobe is mix and match – literally everything works together and is colour co-ordinated.
4. With fewer clothes you have more choices! Choosing what to wear has never been so easy. The now affordable weekly trip to the dry cleaners or ironing service has you organised for the week in advance.
5. Each season you can purchase a few fashionable basics and accessories so you are modern and on trend.
6. You buy what suits you and exactly what you need to add to your wardrobe to extend it further. No more impulsive buys, wrong colours or expensive one off pieces.
7. You investment in core classic pieces and buy inexpensive fashionable accessories.
8. You have saved money on impulsive buys and can now afford a regular manicure and trip to the hairdressers. As well the luxury of good skin care products.
9. Your personal colour code allows personalised selection of makeup. Buy only what you need, knowing that it will compliment your skin and eye colouring.
10. Best of all you have saved time, money and effort. Walking out the door looking well groomed and stylish ready for anything the day may bring!
Being ready for your 15 minutes of fame is achievable. Now all you need is a passport on hand and you are ready for anything!
This summer don’t miss ....
Exclusive to Brisbane, Australia’s first major Andy Warhol retrospective bringing together more than 300 works spanning all areas of his practice from the 1950s until his death in 1987 — paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures, photographs, films, videos and installations.
One of the most influential and important artists of the late twentieth century and the figurehead of Pop art, Andy Warhol created some of the most recognisable images of modern culture. The exhibition includes his important ‘Death in America’ works; iconic images of Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Onassis, Mao Zedong and Elvis Presley; and his Campbell’s soup cans. The exhibition will show for the first time in Australia Warhol’s early commercial work, Interview magazine as well as his late monumental paintings. ‘Andy Warhol’ will also investigate how the artist represented himself through his art practice, including his Self-Portrait paintings, Time Capsules, drawings, films and videos. http://www.qag.qld.gov.au/exhibitions/current/andy_warhol
Brand Yourself! And Jump the Q! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your free personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfblueprint.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.