Written on the 2 November 2011 by Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist @ Jump theQ
The Next Step: Seven Simply Facebook Marketing Strategies
Facebook is HOT... Did you know that Facebook gets more visits than Google?If you are not utilising Facebook to build your personal brand and promote your goods and services you may be overlooking the largest online market place in the world.
To start using Facebook to help SEO your brand you need to take advantage of the traffic generator that is Facebook.
Here are Seven Simply Facebook Marketing Strategies to leverage your profile on Faceboo:
1. Be Unique and Keep Updating: Remember that 61% of Facebook users are over 35 years old. In fact, the 26 – 34 age group rivals the 18 – 25 age group in both the US and the UK. So, make sure communicate to your target the right way. Add lots of personality and fun to your profile. If possible, try to create applications just for your page. Offer something different so that they keep coming back, instead of letting them wait for updates from you. Use Contests and Polls: Holding contests encourage fans to interact directly with you. Tag Fans in Photos: You can tag your friends in pictures of new collections, or even ask them to tag themselves as a part of a game or contest.
2. Use a Big Profile Picture: Who says size doesn’t matter? Using a big profile picture is one of the best ways to brand your Facebook page. Facebook allows images of up to 200pix wide x 600pix high to be used as profile images Pages. This way, you stand out in a crowd.
3. Exclusive Landing Page for Users: Use different pages to target different sets of people. Take new users to a page that encourages them to ‘Like’ you or to a page they would find interesting enough to keep coming back. You can get innovative in designing landing pages and targeting different people.
4. Reward Loyal Supporters: Encourage loyal supporters to join your Page and reward them. A happy customer on Facebook can get you lots of attention. Remind users to Like and Share information about you. When their friends see the updates on the News Feed, it’s highly likely for them to do the same.
5. Actively Participate Outside Your Page: Find other Facebook pages related to your industry or topic using Facebook Search & start actively commenting on their posts & updates. This is a great way to build relationships in your industry and even adds credibility to your business. If you’re willing to offer free advice on communities and discussions, it will encourage people to check your website out.
6. Marketplace: With Facebook Marketplace, you can buy and sell anything using the listing service. The Marketplace application page displays all the most recent listings in your networks. The difference between normal listings and the Marketplace is that you don’t see another boring list of business, but they show up as the site’s own updates.
7. Integrate Facebook Social Plug ins to Your Site: When The Like button on your site enables users to share pages from your site back to their Facebook profile and the Recommendation button gives users of your site personalized suggestions for pages that they like. There are many more buttons such as Like Box, Comments, Live Stream etc that you can add to your website. With this, you can see for yourself what your target likes and design your product/service accordingly.
You can also integrate Facebook Connect Plugin in your blog which will enable Facebook users to leave comments on your blog without registering. The comment they make will be put up on their wall instantly which will be visible to all their friends. So, you effectively get a lot of exposure without doing much!
Join our amazing “Brand Yourself on Facebook” Online Training Course... specifically on Facebook and...How You Can Create a Fan Pages and lots more....
You too will look like a Facebook Expert when you discover how to:
* Brand Yourself on Facebook with a Professional and Custom Profile
* Find friends who are eager to learn about you and what you do
* Build credibility in your marketplace with an enormous Friends list
* Gain valuable testimonials and stories from Fans eager to share
* Leverage your profile to endorse your products and services as well as others
If you are not utilising Facebook to build your personal brand and promote your goods and services you may be overlooking the largest online market place in the world. Learn more about how to Brand Yourself on Facebook.
Jump the Q! And Brand Yourself! Your personal brand should reflect your abilities and potential. Rachel Quilty, Personal Brand Strategist, known as ‘the Authority’ on personal branding and author of must- have book ‘Brand Yourself’. Go to http://www.JumptheQ.com.au for FREE strategic branding tips. Rachel encourages Jump the Q clients to think strategically when developing a personal brand to get that job offer, gain that promotion or win that client.
Jump the Q assists you to strategically and systematically leverage your professional profile and build your personal brand to become the authority in your industry. Get your personal branding tactics and tips at http://www.brandyourselfbook.com
We assist you to develop your Personal Brand Strategy by:
- Discovering your purpose.
- Designing your best personal brand.
- Devising a personal marketing plan.
- Developing your Signature Brand.
Copyright permission: You have permission to use this article by respecting the copyright by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes and by agreeing to include the above reference at the end of the article, or where you quote the author in which case please include the authors name and company name. In the event you wish to use any or all of this content please advise Jump the Q.